Hi there, I’m Chris. I'm an investor and founder currently working on Stack Shift, the network for experienced tech talent. We're based in Lagos, Nigeria 🇳🇬, the fastest growing tech talent ecosystem in the world.
We're developing cohort-based programs that help you expand your network and explore high-impact jobs at fast growing firms.
For updates and essays, ****subscribe here.
- 💰 7 years in hardware VC at Bolt. First hire. Invested three funds ($3M → $32M → $82M) in ~70 early stage startups.
- 📚 Left VC in 2019 to take a ~1.5 year long learning sabbatical and return to emerging market entrepreneurship.
Currently working on
- Fundraising strategy + investor intros. I don't know that many angels but can help you meet pre-seed / seed funds.
- Cap table modeling. Putting a funding round together and confused about convertible notes or safe terms? Lmk!
- Remote tech talent recruiting. Need to find tech talent and open to GMT +1 as a time zone? Lmk!
- Learning sabbatical intros. Looking to profile people who have done a learning sabbatical or speak with people who are planning one. Profile examples here
Love to talk and think about
- Effective altruism. Super excited about evidence-based interventions that reduce inequality and suffering like GiveDirectly and GiveWell.